PALE REFLECTIONS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Combination disciplines

Go down

Combination disciplines Empty Combination disciplines

Post  Aelius Tue May 06, 2008 5:58 pm

I have decided to allow them, on a case by case scenario. I’m doing this for a number of reasons, the prime one being that getting said power will most assuredly be a trying process that will shape your character. But Garth, how so? Well Timmy, it’s like this.

• Timmy comes up to me<aka God> and says “My character lives in the wilderness being a gangrel and all. But I’m having trouble with the lupines, so I want to try and develop a combination power that will prevent them from tracking me.

• God<that’s me> nods and deems that it’s not an unfair or overpowering thing so he then starts thinking. He then asks Timmy a few questions of how he’s going about developing this power, and “By being really sneaky” does not encompass this description. Meanwhile God determines the powers game mechanics and cost, neither of which are told to Timmy.

• Timmy puts in the time and comes up with a decent concept of how he will try and attain this power

• God then sets up scenes, perhaps with some garou and a trial and error process. Basically God has been given a character development hook and can run a number of ways with it. Through the time Timmy is asked to spend experience here and there until the decided upon amount is reached

• At the end of the God determined time Timmy is brought out and told that he has learned the power “Natures Ruse”, and the game mechanics of said power.

So yes, while combination powers can indeed be powerful, they also have restrictions in that you have to pay for them before you get them. On top of that, the player isn’t really sure of what game mechanic the power will actually be, so it’s somewhat of a risk. I will point out that I don’t intend to pooch people who attempt this, I will ensure that the power is useful and grants some benefit though it might not be the exact same as requested.
Aelius
Aelius
Admin

https://palereflections.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum